Here are different types of RPG games that I've encountered:
1) Turn-based encounter games. They are games like many Final Fantasy games with different features(FF 7, 9, 10, 13[I've played them all]). You are on some field and then you make an encounter and you are taken to a different screen where you must take turns fighting enemies. RPG Maker software makes games like these.
2) Turn-based games where you move around and take turns on a map. These are games like Project X Zone 2, Mercenaries Saga 2, Naruto Konoha Senki, Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Tacts, Fire Emblem series. You are on squares on a map where you must move around. It is turn based. Like Yu Yu Hakusho the attacks are performed on a screen. Like all others, you are taken to a different screen where characters perform fighting actions to each other.
3) Action RPG where you fight real time(as opposed to fighting taking turns). These are games like Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku 2, the Diablo series, Sword of Mana etc...
4) Turn-based card game RPG. It's a game like Dragon Ball Z: The Legend of the Super Saiyan where you fight taking turns using cards.
5) Action card game RPG: Like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, you fight when you encounter enemies on the screen and are taken into a different screen. You fight real time using cards you must select quickly.
That's all folks! There is a good chance there are more types of RPG games but I don't recall playing other types of RPG games.
You may have created a public variable through script, but then you can't change it. Why is that? It's because you can only change i...
Here's how I've made the basic cursor moving on bar, here's the code: https://pastebin.com/7x4seP3R First it was moving outs...
Here it is: https://pastebin.com/zAbNJnQW
Here is what makes a game, a game: 1) The ability to make choices. If you can't do anything, then you're watching a video or readi...
It's because they get deleted every scene. You're supposed to use DontDestroyOnLoad method.
Here are some things that make video games fun: 1) Challenging yourself. Like playing a game without using a certain skill, something like...