Popular Post

Popular Posts

Posted by : Eugene Saturday, March 26, 2016

"Back in the early 1980’s, a friend introduced me to her father, a television cameraman, telling him that I worked in the video game industry. “Oh, really?”, he said. “You know, I have an idea for a game.”

“Oh?”, I replied cautiously.
He stopped for a moment to consider whether he should reveal his idea. After a few seconds thought, he said, “Well, I’ll probably never do anything with it.” He then glanced quickly around the room, as if to make sure there weren’t any spies listening in. “You fly around in an airplane, and land at different airports!
Now, actually, that wasn’t a bad idea, but I had to give him the bad news that his idea was already the basis of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
That wasn’t the last time I’ve had to tell people that they had vastly overestimated the value of their  “million dollar game idea.”  Over the past three decades, many people have told me that they had an idea for a game and wanted to know if a publisher would be interested in  it, and each time I’ve had to give them an unwelcome dose of reality."
Full article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-publishers-arent-interested-listening-your-game-idea-mullich

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Game Design/Development Blog - Devil Survivor 2 - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -